Yesterday Motion Computing announced that its first small form factor, rugged tablet PC CL900 Tablet PC designed for productivity and business integration is now shipping worldwide.
The tablet is with a 10.1-inch display that enables both touch and stylus input, powered by the Intel Atom Z670 (1.5 Ghz) CPU and running Windows 7. The CL900 is a robust tablet PC that offers seamless business integration and enables access to and utilization of data while mobile.
Motion’s first shipments include customers and partners in Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, France, Germany and the United States. Representing industries across Motion’s target markets including retail, field service, construction and healthcare.
“Since Motion’s inception, we have continuously delivered unique, quality products that have transformed the productivity of mobile workers,” said Mike Stinson, vice president of marketing for Motion Computing. “The first shipment of the CL900 is exciting news because it means that Motion is now delivering the broadest, most comprehensive lineup of tablet PCs available for business.”
The CL900 lightweight at less than 1kg (2.1 lbs) and with a bright LED backlit display, robust connectivity options and a variety of peripherals to support field use. CL900 delivers on-demand access to critical applications and information to mobile workforces.
The new Motion CL900 offers features including:
- At 1kg (2.1 lbs) it’s small, light and very portable
- IP-52-rated, sealed exterior and chemical-resistant chassis with aluminum-alloy internal frame
- Up to eight hours of battery life for uninterrupted productivity
- Lightweight, thin design that offers the protection of the MIL-STD-810G specification and includes Corning Gorilla Glass for enhanced durability
- Robust connectivity with optional integrated Gobi connectivity with GPS, WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth 3.0 and a wireless SIM port for advanced communications
- 10.1-inch display that enables both touch (up to four fingers) and stylus input
- 30GB or 62GB solid state drive (SSD), and up to 2GB of RAM
- Front and rear-facing cameras to support documentation, video conferencing and collaboration (3.0 MP Rear Camera and 1.3 MP Front Web Camera)
- A full complement of ports, including USB, SD Card, audio and HD video to simplify the use of industry standard peripheral solutions
- A unique countertop docking station that optimizes the CL900 for touch input and adds a simple and easy way to integrate peripherals
Additionally, IT serviceability and enterprise support options help ensure uptime and reduce IT resource drain. Business benefits include:
- Manageability and security offerings available with Windows 7 and Computrace Complete by Absolute Software
- The performance needed to simultaneously run multiple enterprise applications
- The ability to deliver crisp, colorful HD video and graphics (HD 1366 X 768 resolution)
The Motion CL900 Tablet PC will also offer a unique peripheral module that will enable simple device expansion. Tightly secured and integrated into the device, the peripheral module will incorporate key documentation tools without compromising durability. The optional feature is expected to be available later this year.
Powerful and affordable with a starting price of $899 U.S., the CL900 offers a competitive entry price point to other tablet PCs with a unique, rugged design that supports a lower total cost of ownership over non-rugged devices.
Watch the video or check out the gallery.
Source Motion Computing