Yesterday, Sony introduced the new Vaio Z Series notebook, which weighs under 1.2kg
The notebook has Latest-generation standard voltage Intel Core i7 processor, DDR3 SDRAM and up to 256GB SSD RAID storage to blaze through the toughest workload with ease. As an extra refinement, Quick Boot saves precious time when you’re in a hurry, loading Windows 7 Professional. Embedded VAIO ‘everywair’ 3G WWAN on selected models connects via your mobile broadband operator.
The new VAIO Z thin, ultralight 13.1-inch notebook PC from Sony is created for mobile professionals who demand performance and portability. VAIO Z blends ultradesirable styling and premium carbon fiber with no-compromise specifications and innovative productivity features.
Usability is increased further by the backlit keyboard with extrawide palm rest and ergonomic new ‘buttonless’ touchpad.
VAIO Z Series comes with Power Media Dock, a monolithic expansion module that links with VAIO by an optical cable. Featuring high-speed I/O data transfer based on the architecture codenamed ‘Light Peak’, Power Media Dock boosts graphics performance while adding many extra connectivity choices. It includes an optical drive and satisfying HD entertainment. The module comes supplied with a stylish design-matched stand.
With Power Media Dock added, VAIO Z can manage up to four displays (including the notebook screen). New-generation AMD Radeon HD graphics with 1GB VRAM effortlessly handle demanding graphics tasks, from 3D CAD to gaming. When docked, connectivity options are boosted by more USB ports plus VGA and HDMI. Games and movies on DVD or Blu-ray Disc sound as good as they look with latest Dolby Home Theater v4.
VAIO Z features the innovative ‘sheet battery’ (attaches without having to switch off the PC and boosting stamina to up to 14 hours). The internal lithium-polymer battery provides power for up to 7 hours. It’s partnered by a second thin, flat optional lithium polymer sheet battery that can be charged separately from the PC and added without removing the internal battery.
VAIO VPCZ21V9E Specs
- CPU 2.70GHz Intel Core i7-2620M (with Turbo Boost up to 3.40GHz)
- OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1)
- Memory 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz SDRAM
- Drive 256GB SSD (RAID 0)
- Display 13.1-inch VAIO Display Premium (1600×900) wide (16:9)
- VGA Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Optical DVD SuperMulti Drive (included with VGP-PRZ20C Power Media Dock – see below)
- Others WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n; 3G WWAN; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, USB 2.0 x1, docking station/USB port x1 (supports USB 2.0/3.0 compatible devices); HDMI (3D supported); stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4; HD web camera powered by ‘Exmor’ (1.3 megapixels); Web, VAIO and Assist buttons; touchpad with gesture support; fingerprint sensor; Quick Boot
- Dimensions 210 x 16.65 x 330mm (DxHxW)
- Weight About 1.18kg (with standard internal battery)
Power Media Dock VGP-PRZ20C/VGP-PRZ20A Specs
- Graphics Accelerator AMD Radeon HD 6650M
- Video RAM 1GB DDR3
- Max. resolution Analogue RGB: 1920 x 1200
- HDMI 1920 x 1080
- Optical drive VGP-PRZ20C: DVD SuperMulti Drive
- VGP-PRZ20A: Blu-ray Disc Drive with DVD SuperMulti
- LAN port 1000BASE-T/100BASE-T/10BASE-T x1
- USB port Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) Type A Connector x2, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) x1
- Monitor port Mini D-Sub 15 pin x1
- HDMI output port x1 (3D Supported)
- Dimensions DxHxW Approx. 148 x 16.65 x 220mm
- Weight Approx. 0.685kg
The new 2011 VAIO Z Series of ultra-portable performance notebook PCs is available from the end of July 2011 (date of availability varies by country).