Asus launched its 13.3-inch U-series, the Ultra-Thin, Ultra-Light U36SD notebook in Japan.
ASUS U36SD is the first high-spec mobile notebook that provides the best balance of performance and mobility from the ASUS models – Autumn 2011.
The U36SD has a 13.3-inch widescreen LCD display and is 19.5mm thick at its thinnest point. Its body is equipped with a scratch-resistant aluminum alloy (nano-fabrication) with a dust and dirt resistant coating against fingerprints. The U36SD boasts high performance thanks to the second-generation Intel Core i7-2620M processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M, capable of processing and rendering vivid graphics.
The notebook comes with a high-capacity 750GB hard drive, which is ideal for high-quality photos and videos storing. ASUS U36SD has USB 3.0 port for faster data transfers and HDMI for connecting large screen TVs. Also, USB Charger+ which can charge devices even when the laptop is turned off.
Thanks to ASUS’s exclusive power-saving features Power4Gear Hybrid, the 8-cell high capacity battery and NVIDIA’s Optimus Technology (which automatically switches graphics) the notebook can achieve up to about nine hours of battery life. The notebook is Ultra-Thin and Ultra-Light weighing just 1.6kg.
ASUS U36SD-RX2620 Specs
- Body color Black
- OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (SP1)
- CPU 2.7GHz, Intel Core i7-2620M Processor with Turbo Boost Technology (up to 3.4GHz) and Intel Smart Cache (4MB)
- Chipset Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset
- RAM 4GB/ 8GB DDR3-1333 (PC3-10600), 1 slot free
- Display 13.3-inch WXGA (1,366 × 768) Wide TFT LED backlit LCD
- Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M with NVIDIA Optimus Technology (1GB video memory)
- HDD 750GB (5400rpm)
- Sound Intel High Definition Audio compliance
- Camera 0.3MP built-in Web camera
- LAN 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T (RJ45)
- Wireless WLAN IEEE802.11b/g/n
- Keyboard 88-keys Japanese keyboard
- Pointing device Multi-touch touchpad
- Ports HDMI × 1, USB 3.0 × 1, USB 2.0 × 2, D-Sub 15-pin × 1, Headphone × 1, Microphone × 1
- Card reader SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD
- Battery 8-cell Lithium-ion battery
- Battery life About 9 hours
- Battery charge time About 3.3 hours
- Power consumption about 63.2W (maximum)
- Dimensions 238mm × 328mm × 19.5 ~ 28mm
- Weight About 1.6kg (with battery)
- Accessories AC adapter, power cord, battery, manual, product warranty
- ASUS AI Recovery (recovery disc creation software)
- ASUS FancyStart (BIOS customizing)
- ASUS Fast Boot (Fast start-up)
- ASUS LifeFrame (Web camera software)
- ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid (power saving)
- ASUS SonicFocus (tone control)
- ASUS Splendid (Image Adjusting)
- ASUS USB Charger + (supports USB charging)
- ASUS Wireless Console (wireless management software,)
- Cyberlink Power2Go (CD/ DVD writing software)
- KINGSOFT Office 2010 Standard (30 Days trial)
- Nuance PDF (PDF software)
- Trend Micro Free trial (anti-virus software)
The ASUS U36SD-RX2620 will start selling on August 27, 2011 with a suggested retail price of ¥99,800 yen, tax included (approx. $1292 USD).
Source Asus Japan