Yesterday, Samsung announced the launch of its new 7-inch Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus – Android 3.2 tablet.
The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus offers a portable, rich multimedia experience on a 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600) PLS display, packed with power and productivity into a premium lightweight design. The tablet runs Google Android 3.2 Honeycomb and provides enhanced portability, weighing only 345g and measuring at just 9.96mm thin.
The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus delivers powerful performance thanks to its 1.2GHz dual-core multitasking processor. The tablet supports Full HD videos and various video formats on its 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600) PLS display. Web browsing is also enhanced by Adobe Flash and super-fast HSPA connectivity, providing download speeds up to three times faster than a conventional HSPA connection. Also, Wi-Fi Channel Bonding combines two channels into one, improving network connectivity and data transfer speeds.
Samsung GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus features Social Hub, Readers Hub and Music Hub services.
- Social Hub aggregates the user’s contacts, calendar and email along with instant messaging and social networks within a single UI
- Readers Hub provides e-reading content such as e-books, newspapers and magazines
- Music Hub enables access to over 13 million songs
“Samsung pioneered the seven-inch tablet market with the launch of the GALAXY Tab, marking an innovation milestone in the mobile industry. Building on the success of the GALAXY Tab, we are now delighted to introduce the GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus reloaded with enhanced portability, productivity and a richer multimedia experience” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business. He added “GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus is for those who want to stay productive and in touch with work, friends and content anytime, anywhere.”
Samsung GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus Specs
- OS Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
- CPU 1.2GHz Dual Core
- Display 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600) PLS LCD
- RAM 1GB
- Storage 16GB/ 32GB
- Network HSPA (HSDPA 21Mbps/HSUPA5.76Mbps) 900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with Wi-Fi Channel bonding & Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v3.0
- Ports USB 2.0 (HS and Host), micro SD (up to 32GB)
- Camera 3MP AF with LED Flash (Rear) and 2MP (Front), Camera enhancements Action Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
- Sensors Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Digital compass, Ambient Light, Proximity
- Dimensions 193.65 x 122.37 x 9.96 mm
- Weight 345g
- Battery Li-on 4000mAh
- Video support MPEG4, Divx, Xvid, H263, H.264, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, VP8, 3GP, MPEG4, AVI, MKV, Playback – 1080p (Full HD), Recording – 720p (HD)
- Audio support MP3, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC, e-AAC, AC-3, Flac, Midi (SMF), WAV, OGG, Audio enhancements – pt-X Bluetooth Codec, Music Player with SoundAlive
- Samsung Apps Samsung Kies 2.0, Samsung Kies air (downloadable via Samsung Apps), Samsung TouchWiz (Live Panel, Mini Apps, Social Hub – Integrated Messaging (Email, SMS, SNS, MMS), Contacts/ Calendar Sync and POP3/ IMAP Email & Exchange Active Sync, Readers Hub/Music Hub (will be available for download via Samsung Apps after launch)
- Google Mobile Services Gmail, Google Talk, Google Search, YouTube, Android Market, Google Maps, Smart Remote, Enterprise Solutions, Adobe Flash, Document Editor
Samsung’s GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus will be available in Indonesia and Austria from end of October and gradually rolled to globally including Southeast and Southwest Asia, US, Europe, CIS, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and China.