Toshiba announced its new 15.6-inch glasses-free 3D dynabook Qosmio T851/D8DR in Japan, an updated version of its 3D dynabook Qosmio T851/D8CR.
Toshiba’s glasses-free 3D Qosmio T851 notebook comes in “Shiny Red” and runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has the latest Intel Core i7-2640M Dual-Core processor (the same Sandy Bridge processor, which comes with the recently announced Sony Vaio SE series high-end model – VPCSE17GK/B).
The Qosmio T851 sports a 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080) HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight glasses-less 3D-enabled display. It is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GT540M graphics chip and Toshiba’s SpursEngine 3D Quad-Core HD video processor.
For proper 3D positioning Toshiba provides the best 3D display and a camera face tracking system, which grasps and calculates in real time the viewer’s position, delivering stunning 3D glasses-less images, even when the viewer moves.
The 3D notebook also comes with 8GB of DDR3 PC3-10600 memory, a 750GB (5400 rpm) SATA hard drive, Blu-ray Disc (BDXL), WiFI, Bluetooth 3.0 + HS, 1.3MP webcam and a Digital TV tuner. In addition, HDMI, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and a card reader supporting up to 32GB media cards.
And for premium Surround Sound quality and enhanced powerful bass, Toshiba equipped the notebook with Harman/Kardon stereo speakers and optimized its Dolby Advanced Audio with MaxxAudio 3 (by Waves). The Qosmio T851 weighs around 3.3kg and its battery can hold up to 3 hours on a single charge.
Toshiba 3D Qosmio T851/D8DR (PT851D8DBFR) Specs
- Color Shiny Red
- OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (SP1)
- CPU 2.8GHz Intel Core i7-2640M processor, 2 Cores/ 4 threads, with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50GHz, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Smart Cache (4MB)
- Chipset Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset
- RAM 8GB DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333MHz) (4GB × 2), with Dual Channel support
- Display 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080) widescreen (16:9) HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight Display FHD TFT LCD
- Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (with 1GB VRAM)
- 3D Video TOSHIBA SpursEngine Quad-Core HD video processor
- HDD 750GB (5400rpm)
- Optical Blu-ray Disc (BDXL, DVD SuperMulti drive-capable)
- Wireless WLAN IEEE802.11b/g/n (WPA/WPA2, WEP, AES, TKIP), Bluetooth v3.0 + HS
- LAN 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T (automatic recognition)
- TV Tuner CS digital broadcast × 2, BS/110 digital × 2
- Sound Intel High Definition Audio
- Speakers harman/ kardon stereo speakers
- Ports HDMI × 1, USB3.0 × 1, USB2.0 × 3, microphone × 1, Headphone × 1, RGB (15-pin mini D-sub) × 1, LAN (RJ45) × 1, antenna input (coaxial) × 1
- Camera 1.3MP webcam
- Keyboard 109-keys
- Pointing device Touchpad with gesture control
- One-touch buttons 3D, Toshiba Eco, audio, illuminated on / off button, touchpad on / off Mouse
- Wireless mouse (USB)
- Security BIOS password, HDD password, Instant Security, Security lock slot
- Battery Lithium-ion
- Batery life 2.9 hours
- Charging time 3.0 hours (when power OFF) 3.0 to 11.0 hours (when power ON)
- AC Adapter AC100V ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption 22W (when idle)
- Dimensions 387.6 × 266.8 × 31.1 ~ 36.8mm
- Weight 3.3kg
- Accessories AC adapter, power cord, instruction manual, warranty, battery pack (body fitted), Remote control, wireless mouse (USB), B-CAS card
- Software Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and AdobePremiere Elements 9, Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
Two days ago, Toshiba announced its 3D dynabook Qosmio T851/D8DR notebook along with:
- dynabook Qosmio T751/T8DW, T751/T8DR, T551/T6DW, T551/T6DB, T551/T4DW, T551/T4DB
- dunabook T451/59DW, T451/59DR, T451/59DB, T451/57DW, T451/57DR, T451/57DB, T451/46DW, T451/46DR, T451/46DB, T451/35DW, T451/35DR, T451/35DB, T451/34DW, T451/34DR, T451/34DB
- dynabook R731/38DB, R731/38DK, R731/37DB, R731/37DK, R731/36DB, R731/36DK, R731/16DB
- dynabook N300/02DG, N300/02DC, N300/02DD…
…right after Toshiba’s announcement of its Ultrabook – dynabook R631 which completely captured our attention.
Source Toshiba Japan