Asus is already offering five models of its ZENBOOK Ultrabook in the US.
The ASUS ZENBOOK is a combination of a masterpiece design and incredible uncompromising performance – the perfect balance of elegance and power in an Ultrabook. Its design is based on four key principles – Beauty, Performance, Green and Sound.
The ZENBOOK’s silver exterior panel features a radial aluminum finish, which refracts a halo of light. It is the thinnest Ultrabook on the market – with a thickness of 0.11-inch at the front and 0.67-inch at the rear.
The ZENBOOK is designed with an instant-on feature, which “always resumes in 2 seconds” (as Mr. Shih says) and in standby mode the ultrabook can hold up to 14 days (four times more than the industry standard). The device is packed with uncompromising list of technologies, including the latest 2nd gen Intel Core i Processors (Sandy Bridge, ULV), SATA 3.0 SSD drive, Bluetooth V4.0, USB 3.0 and USB Charger+ technology.
The ZENBOOK has a custom designed cooling system using a V-shaped channel with a unique copper fin design for improved airflow. And with Asus’s Super Hybrid Engine II, the ZENBOOK becomes incredibly Green, consuming less energy and adding up to 25 percent more battery life than other devices.
The ZENBOOK also is equipped with ASUS SonicMaster technology which provides a wide sonic spectrum surround sound, a fusion of hardware and software developed by the ASUS Golden Ear team and Bang & Olufsen, ICEpower.
Asus’s Chairman Mr. Jonney Shih announced (two days ago), that the ZENBOOK (UX21E-DH52 model) will be available for order in North America starting on October 12th, with prices starting from $999 USD (MSRP).
All models available in the U.S. are:
- ZENBOOK UX21 – UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71
- ZENBOOK UX31 – UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72
Asus ZENBOOK UX21 and ZENBOOK UX31 Specs
- OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit – (all models)
- 1.6 GHz – 2.3GHz Intel Core i5-2467M, max TDP of 17W – (UX21E-DH52)
- 1.7GHz – 2.7GHz Intel Core i5-2557M max TDP of 17W – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53)
- 1.8GHz – 2.9GHz Intel Core i7-2677M, max TDP of 17W – (UX21E-DH71, UX31E-DH72)
- 11.6-inch HD (1366×768) – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71)
- 13.3-inch HD+ (1600×900) – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- Graphics Intel UMA – (all models)
- RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz, max 4GB – (all models)
- 128GB SSD,SATA 3.0 – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71, UX31E-DH52)
- 256GB SSD, SATA 3.0– (UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- Wireless Connectivity WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.0 – (all models)
- Battery Life
- 35Whrs (5+hrs) – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71)
- 50Whrs (7+hrs) – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- Standby Time
- Up to 7 days – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71)
- Up to 14 days – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- Camera 0.3MP Digital – (all models)
- Audio Bang & Olfusen ICEpower and ASUS SonicMaster Technology HD Audio – (all models)
- Speakers Stereo speakers designed with Bang & Olfusen ICEpower Technology – (all models)
- Ports 1 x USB2.0, 1 x USB3.0, 1 x micro HDMI, 1 x mini VGA, 1 x audio/ mic combo – (all models)
- Card Reader SD, MMC – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- 11.7″ x 7.7″ x 0.11-0.67″ – in inches – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71)
- 12.8″ x 8.8″ x 0.11″-0.71″ – in inches – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- 2.43lb (w/Battery) – (UX21E-DH52, UX21E-DH71)
- 2.86lb (w/Battery) – (UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53, UX31E-DH72)
- Accessories ASUS Collection Sleeve – (all models)
The Asus ZENBOOK if offered with the following MSRP (US Only):
- Asus ZENBOOK UX21E-DH52 – $999 USD
- Asus ZENBOOK UX21E-DH71 – $1,199 USD
- Asus ZENBOOK UX31E-DH52 – $1,099 USD
- Asus ZENBOOK UX31E-DH53 – $1,349 USD
- Asus ZENBOOK UX31E-DH72 – $1,449 USD
In the ZENBOOK’s box you will find a user manual, a cable organizer, a screen cleaner, warranty card and…
…a free mini-VGA adapter (mini VGA to VGA), a free USB to Ethernet port adapter (USB to LAN) and also a free padded carry case (Sleeve) with magnetic latch.
Mr. Shih introduced Asus’s latest Ultrabook technology and design with its ASUS ZENBOOK at the global “Ultra Era” event in Manhattan, New York (October 11th, 2011).