Yesterday, Dell unveiled its 14-inch XPS 14z “Less Than an Inch Thin” notebook with an optical drive.
The new Dell XPS 14z is the thinnest fully featured 14-inch notebook with an internal optical drive and discrete graphics option. The XPS 14z delivers a powerful performance and stylish design. The notebook comes in anodized aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis with a palmrest in dark gray.
It is powered by Intel’s second-generation Core i5/ i7 processors, a 14-inch HD WLED display, a slot-load optical drive and NVIDIA graphics option. The XPS has a compact design – measures less than an inch thin and with a 14-inch HD display “Borders on Borderless” fitted into a 13-inch laptop form factor (offering 10 percent more viewing area than a 13.3-inch display).
The new Dell XPS 14z weighs just 4.36 pounds, it is less than an inch thin, and has a battery life of up to six hours and 42 minutes. The notebook runs Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.
The Dell XPS laptops also come with Dell Stage UI, a one-click access to favorite content, including music, photos and video. SyncUP (by Nero) keeps content and personal information synched with other Stage-enabled Dell PCs and mobile devices within a home WiFi network.
“The XPS 14z delivers what professionals want – raw power paired with a stunning, sophisticated design that signals ‘I’ve arrived’,” said Steve Felice, president of Dell’s Consumer and Small/Medium Business group. “The XPS 14z is specifically engineered to help our customers do more in their personal and professional lives – and it advances our industry-leading vision for thin-and-powerful solutions that deliver performance without compromise.”
“When Dell looks at innovation and product development, we start with the customer. For us, it’s about delivering the right feature-set and design to provide the best user experience for our customers,” said Sam Burd, vice president of Dell’s Consumer and Small/Medium Business product group. “With the XPS 14z, our challenge was to build a laptop that provided customers the performance and portability that they need, with the design and finish they desire.”
Dell XPS 14z specs
- OS Windows 7 Home Premium
- CPU Intel Core i5/ i7 Dual Core processor
- Display 14-inch (1366×768) HD (720p) WLED with TrueLife and edge-to-edge glass
- Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M with 1GB VRAM (with NVIDIA Optimus technology)
- RAM 6GB/ 8GB dual channel DDR3 1333Mhz (8GB max)
- HDD 500GB/ 750GB (7200rpm)/ 256GB SSD storage option
- Optical built-in Slot load DVD +/- RW
- Keyboard Chiclet, Backlit, spill-resistant
- Wireless Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11a/g/n, Bluetooth V3.0
- WiDi Intel Wireless Display-ready
- Battery life up to 6 hours, 42 minutes (8-cell battery)
- Ports USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, HDMI 1.4 x 1, RJ-45 x 1, Mini Display-Port, microphone/ audio
- Camera 1.3MP HD Webcam with dual array digital microphones
- Software Next-gen Dell Stage
- Dimensions 0.9” (23mm) x 13.19” (335mm) x 9.21” (234mm
- Weight from 4.36 lbs (1.98 kg)
Customers can experience a wide range of Dell products at the Barton Creek Mall in Austin, Texas and the Orland Mall in Chicago, Ill. Other Dell.com@ locations will open across the U.S. in early November.
Dell will host CreateWorkInspire (a creative installation) and will showcase Dell’s new thin-and-powerful suite of products within the context of a creative professional’s real, functional workspace, November 2nd – 4th in New York’s Soho’s Open House Gallery.
The Dell XPS 14z notebook will be available from November 1st in the US and Canada, priced from $999 USD/ CAD (www.Dell.com) and in select retail stores nationwide, and worldwide from November 15th, 2011.
Source Dell U.S.