Gone are the days when stock traders looked overly serious in oversized glasses and oversized pajamas, sitting in front of their large desks studying the markets for long hours.
You can imagine how stressful the process was. It was so bad that urinating when a good trade appeared was like a curse because the operators could barely move the big screen to the toilet.
Has it ever gotten better?
Oh yeah! Things got a lot better. Today, we see many stock traders enjoying the flexibility that technology has presented. After all, who doesn’t love having a device that you can take with you everywhere?
But now; Most merchants have outgrown the trend for flexibility. They want more from their laptops.
Well, that’s where we come in.
Best Laptops For Trading (Stock & Forex)
In this article, we’ll walk you through the specific things to consider before purchasing a laptop for trading (Forex & Stocks). An experienced trader understands how important it is to get a laptop that supports trading software.
You’ll learn that and more in this comprehensive buying guide to help you make decisions. And you will see four great options!
Best Laptops For Trading | Comparison Table 2021
|ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3” OLED FHD NanoEdge Bezel Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16GB LPDDR4X RAM, 512GB SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 10 Pro, Pine Grey, UX325EA-XS74||ASUS||Check Price|
|Dell Inspiron 15 5502, 15.6 inch FHD Thin & Light Laptop - Intel Core i5-1135G7, 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 Home - Silver (Latest Model)||Dell||Check Price|
|Acer Swift 3 Thin & Light Laptop, 14" Full HD IPS, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core with Radeon Graphics, 8GB LPDDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit KB, Fingerprint Reader, Alexa Built-in||Acer||Check Price|
|Acer Aspire 7 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A715-75G-544V||Acer||Check Price|
|Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6in Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U, GeForce MX150, 8GB RAM Memory, 256GB SSD, E5-576G-5762 (Renewed)||Acer||Check Price|
|2020 Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) - Silver||Apple||Check Price|
|Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Alexa Built-in, AN515-54-5812||Acer||Check Price|
|HP Pavilion 13 i3-8145U 8GB 128GB SSD 13.3-inch 1920x1080 Fingerprint Reader Windows 10 Laptop (Renewed)||HP||Check Price|
|2021 HP Stream 14inch HD Display, Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor, 4GB DDR4 Memory, 128 GB storage (64GB eMMC+64GB TGC Flash Memory), HDMI, WiFi, Webcam, Bluetooth,1-Year Microsoft 365 Win10 S||HP||Check Price|
Best Laptops For Trading |2021 Products Overview
How to Pick The Best Laptops For Trading (Stock & Forex) | Unrivaled Guide 2021
The best laptops for stock trading should have certain unique characteristics, as the nature of this activity requires it. These include a large, eye-safe screen and better graphics.
Stock trading involves studying many presentations and charts. There are other requirements on laptops used for stock trading work. You can consider area by area.
- Processor and Graphics: You’ll need a decent processor and GPU to handle regular data traffic plus the volume of activity you see as it grows for years to come. So choose your processor and GPU carefully and carefully. A good Intel or AMD processor and the corresponding graphics unit can get the job done.
- Screen size: The screen size must be at least 15 inches or more. If you get a 17-inch screen. It is even better. Stock trading usually means that you are looking at the screen that has a lot of information and the bigger the screen, the better it is for your eyes.
- Screen resolution: Look for a better screen resolution than normal, as a typical stock trading screen contains details that can be in small fonts. Please check the details before ordering.
- Eye Protection: Constantly staring at the screen as you will while trading stocks can be a strain on your eyes. There are laptops with special eye protection. This will be a special layer on top of the display panel or a separate screen. If this is not part of the supply of the laptop, you need to buy one separately.
- Internet Security: It is in your best interest to protect your laptop from cyberattacks. The threat of hacking always hangs over your head. Check if there is any antivirus / antimalware program loaded on the laptop. If it is not there, you will have to install one separately.
- Laptop security: You would like to keep the details of your stock trading activity for yourself and not share them with others. Your stock trading laptop should include a secure login feature, be it a fingerprint sensor or face ID. Check the laptop before you buy it.
Can I load special software for stock trading on the laptop?
Yes, you should be able to load any additional software you need for stock trading on the laptop you have purchased for this purpose. Most laptops come preloaded with Windows 10 Home edition. The software compatible with the Windows environment will run smoothly on the laptop. You need to make sure that the software comes from a trusted source and is free of malware.
Can I play games on the laptop to trade stocks?
Playing games on the laptop for stock trading is not a problem as long as the specifications match the requirements for playing the game. When the game cannot be played, you will normally receive an alert on the screen that the game is not compatible with this machine. The game profile will describe what the minimum computer requirements are to play.
Is Onboard Storage On Laptop Important For Stock Trading?
Onboard storage is important for any laptop. If your question is: do you need additional storage capacity on laptops for stock trading? It depends on the user. If you frequently create large documents and store them on your laptop, the storage requirement may be higher. Then you would need at least 1 TB of storage memory. If you need additional storage, you can use external drives and cloud storage as backups.
Is battery life affected by long hours of use of laptops?
All batteries have a terminal life and you will need to replace them after that. If you keep charging and discharging the laptop battery frequently, its life will be shortened. If you are in a place where you can connect your laptop to a power source, you should. This will increase the overall battery life.
I accidentally dropped my laptop and the screen is damaged. Can it be replaced?
You can go to an authorized service center and have your laptop checked if only the display panel is damaged. If the machine works differently, you can ask the technician to just replace the display panel. It will work fine after that. If it is within the warranty period, check for accidental damage. You can then replace the damaged display panel at no cost.
Choosing the best laptops for trading (stock & Forex) is made easy with the list above. A touchscreen will surely come in handy as you can comfortably swipe between apps.
Some laptops are convertible and in tablet mode, the use of a stylus allows you to take notes, mark changes in actions and make your operations better.
Expensive laptops are ideal for professional traders, while products of $ 500 or less are a great solution for those still in their early stages of trading stocks from home or on the go.